Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Songs of Humanity

27 September 2005, 9:59 PM

Inspired by Walt Whitman and Lyn Cisneros

Regardless of our
leadership, we have lost
something great and wonderful-
a piece of humanity. The songs
of each “which belong to none else”-

they cease to be sung,
and so do we
cease to be,
one by
one.

I shall take up my song-
the song of the Daughter,
the Mother,
the Lover of Nature and all things
beautiful, all things solitary,
all things in communion with
Heaven and Earth.

I shall take up
the Song of the Poet.

Quote taken from Walt Whitman’s “I Hear America Singing.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great honor, Maria. That my humble ideas inspired this stunning work somehow validates me.

Your words are powerful - you have much to offer humanity. The earth is lovelier because you are here. That cannot be said of many people.

Lyn

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits