Friday, September 16, 2005

Room for Me

September 16, 2005

There is room in my heart for you...
and you,
and you,
and you.

There is room,
for I have finally learned
to breathe.

Inhale, exhale...
Inhale, exhale.

And suddenly, there are
so many rooms to fill,
I cannot possibly imagine anything
more exhilarating than
keeping house
within this space which I once
called my madness, my chaos,
which I now call

(inhale, exhale)

my masterpiece.

There is room in my heart for more
than what I had known...

There is room for a son,
and (perhaps) for a lover;
there is room for so very many others...

There is room for love to grow and breathe;
inhale, exhale, live, scream;
run free and give all there is to give.

I had begun to feel
claustrophobic,
but there is room.

Thank God,

there is room

for me.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits