Thursday, September 29, 2005

For Our Salvation

29 September 2005

Do you realize...

In order for a person to learn
who she is, someone must reflect
all she feels, says, knows
back into her eyes, ears,
heart and mind...

She does not know inherently
who it is that lives in her body.

I only just understood this.
It's been three years- no,
it's been twenty-nine long years
and then some- I am well
nigh thirty.

It only just occurred to me:
I owe you my life... and
in some strange way
you owe me yours- not in
the sense that I saved you-
I did not save you, nor me;
nor did you save me or yourself...

Rather,
our paths have crossed; mingled;
changed, and so our hearts
will never be the same.

A part of me is who I am
because of you. A part of you
is who he is because of me...

And this is proof enough to me
that we are given, each to the other,
for the sake of redemption.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits