Friday, February 03, 2006

A Moment's Peace

3 February 2006, 2:32 AM

I get lost in these pockets of grief

I know you know
but every time I realize I’ve done it again
I feel compelled to explain
just one more time

I get lost in these endless rooms of sadness

I know you’ve seen me
searching for a reason to get up and leave
not come back
though I’ve never found a reason not to stay

I get lost in these moments of anger

When suddenly I’m blinded by the pain
I could tear you down to size
or so I’d like to think
should need arise

I get lost in these voices in my head

Sometimes I can’t hear you when you’re sitting
right across the room from me
such a tiny room but I can’t hear for all the
screaming in between my ears
the selves each clamoring for you to see and hear
to come inside these rooms of chaos with me

bring a moment’s peace

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits