Friday, February 03, 2006

Apart From You

3 February 2006, 2:40 AM

The need escapes me at times

But most often sits beside me
holds my hand
strokes my hair
whispers your name in my ear
tells me time and time again
only you can still the sorrow
only you can calm the pain
only you can sate the yearning
only you can ease the strain

It is a bitter lie
which would take the lovely
loving thing you’ve placed
within my grasp
and make it an end
rather than the gift you intended
to provide the means for me
to live and learn
to love and dream

apart from you

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits