Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Dungeon

1 March 2006, 12:52 PM

These kids don't need my panic
They can use my fear
my rage
even my helplessness so long as these
places within drive me to love them
remember them
bear them before the Holy Table
speak the "Lord have mercy" for their sake

But the panic and despair
rob my vision
fool me into thinking I'm still there
and all the years between
those tears and these don't exist
They're not real
just a figment of a half forgotten imagination
run wild with hopes and dreams of life
beyond the dungeon

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits