Friday, May 07, 2010

Borrowed Clothes

22 April 2010

I don't think I can stretch
much farther (but I will) as I bend to find
the next shorts, pants, skirt
I probably wouldn't have chosen
for myself--but I'm grateful for clothes
that will cover my unfamiliar body.
I whisper a thank you, a Lord have mercy;
write the lender's name on the tag,
if it fits; consider more creative
ways to identify them as someone else's
if my marker won't show up on the tag.
Choice is a luxury right now. I knew
this would be the case, this process
highlights my vanity nonetheless--
I don't wear an XL.
Ever.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits