Tuesday, January 20, 2009

computer woes

My computer completely stopped working three days ago. It won't boot at all. We bought a new hard drive, because we thought that might be the problem and I wanted more space anyway, but the hard drive is apparently not the only problem. So I'm sending it off to Apple tomorrow and hoping (against hope) to have it back by the end of the week.

I fully realized how dependent I was on my computer, and when I realized the hard drive hadn't fixed the problem, I was *extremely* discouraged. It's strange that the internet has become such a presence that it almost feels like something I *need* is missing. I know it's not a necessity, and I'm fully capable of going without, but the psychological strain its absence causes gives me pause--perhaps I should unplug more often.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits