Monday, January 14, 2008

For Me

12 January 2008, 4:50 PM

I keep wanting to start, but find myself afraid.
I want to know I'm beautiful, even if I don’t run
fifteen miles every week- I want to know
I can feed myself, not punish or comfort with food,
that whatever the outcome, whatever the shape
toward which I tend, you love me, you love my look
because this skin is mine.

The Shadows keep me from moving, even from staying
where I am. Almost I think they keep me in the past.
I’d like to lay them down and stay right here
with you- never look back again.

If only breathing were so simple. But wait;
hold your breath for me, until I can hear and feel
and see it’s over now, it’s over now, and soon, I hope,
I’ll find I'm free to live, to breathe, to eat, to run

for me.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits