Sunday, December 09, 2007

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity...


When my son (and now my daughter) complains about going to Liturgy or Great Vespers or Wednesday night prayers, most often my answer to him runs thus: "You don't have to want to go. But we're going, because it's part of who we are, and it's what we do." I have said this so many times over the years that I almost consider it a mantra.

So when I see phrases like this on fast food containers, it completely upheaves my brain and makes me shudder. WHAT DOES IT MEAN, PRECIOUS???

2 comments:

Ruth said...

And when combined with that dreadful clown picture...shudder.

Have you seen this?

John Nicholas said...

It means that marketing gurus have figured out that they can supply a sense of identification and belonging to those lost thousands who have no sense of heritage or place in our nation. Gee, you too can be an McDonald's Groupie. Hey, That's what I do!"

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits