Sunday, February 18, 2007

Window

16 February 2006, 9:14 PM

One of my ponderings from a year ago.

I'm alone tonight
in this little
apartment-turned-dreamscape
with moons and stars hanging
from the ceiling fan
paintings on the walls reflecting
the contents of the shadows of my mind

shelves with books and candles
and empty bottles
(few would realize their significance)

There's a gentle glow that only comes
with softer light than most prefer
just enough that one can see
from the street through the window
into my corner of Paradise

where Windows into Heaven line the hall
and in the midst of it all
I remember you
how you helped me find myself
so much so
that there's not a place in my home
where one can look
and not see me

If they knew how to look
they would see you as well
just as I do

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits