Sunday, October 09, 2005

Blue

9 October 2005, 5:01 PM

There's got to be an answer
Close by
It is just outside
My vision
Blurred by the constant motion
Of this blender-beaten

Reality

Is such a relative term
You might not think it
Can be so difficult to discern without
Some sort of reference point
Some concept of a norm
Outside my experience

Reality

Is far from objective
Far from set in stone
At least from what I have known
Live your life knowing
The sky is purple
Only to realize it is in fact

Blue

You might begin to question
Sanity in light of such
A perplexing assertion
Seemingly
Ludicrous denial
Of all you've ever known

Reality

Is that when everyone around you
Independent of other says
This is so
You do begin to question
The unquestioned
I have begun to ask
The unthinkable
Has begun to undo me in the midst of

Reality

Broken
Mending
I have nothing to grasp
Which will firm up my footing
Allow me to continue to stand
Quite impossible
To maintain decorum
Composure as I watch
The very flat world becoming round
And the very purple sky becoming

Blue

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits