Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Work of Heaven

August 8, 2005
7:45PM

It’s in the little
moments of faithfulness:
Folding laundry, sweeping porches,
washing dishes,

when another soul who lives in hell
might happen upon the
window above my sink;
portal to my corner of the world…

The westering sun painted
puffs of clouds orange
against a rosy haze;
evening drew near in twilight’s wake.

Carrying the garbage
to the dumpster,
I looked up to the sky
and smiled.

I realized I live in Paradise…

And she may not now have eyes to see,
but if I am faithful in these little things,
perhaps someday she will see
that everyday living can be
the work of Heaven.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits