Sunday, June 12, 2005

Maille (My-Lee)

June 12, 2005

for Maille

A storm is coming.

But Maille doesn't care.
She lies beside me,
her feet in the air,
cooing at the sky,
clutching at my fingers...

We're lying peacefully
beneath the branches
of an oak,
listening as the wind
serenades us,
rustling the leaves.

A storm is coming.

But Maille doesn't care.
More accurately said,
she's completely unaware.

All she knows
is how wonderful the wind feels
to her toes.

All she sees
is the shifting of the leaves,
the blending of their
light and shadow,
lying here with me
beneath the tree.

I know a storm is coming...

Yet I catch a glimpse of blue
just beyond the emerald hues,
and I know the rain will wait
another hour or two...

While I lie here
with precious Maille, amazed
at how wonderful the wind feels
to my toes.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits