Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Black & White

March 22, 2005

It all really is black and white for you,
isn't it?

I'm in or I'm out.
I fit or I don't.
I'm right or I'm wrong,
and forbid that there be
any space in between
for a moment to weigh
the possibility...
no, the probability
that something more exists
in between.

Did it ever once occur to your
satisfied mind
(maybe in quieter moments,
with day put to bed and distractions depleted)
that between black and white
there just might exist
shades of gray?

"That's a slippery slope.."

Then I guess
I can hardly fault you for missing
cerise, coral, flax and jade..
turquoise, azure, cerulean..

or even just blue.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits