Thursday, January 13, 2005

Natural Seduction

January 13, 2005

Cerulean graces my eyes.
My ears detect the buzz of bees;
the nectar they devoutly seek
permeates olfactorily.
Suckling honey from tiny blooms-
pale yellow, peach and ochre hue;
surrendering to cool, green grass
beneath me on this emerald path;
content to feel the subtle breeze
play soft upon my skin; enraptured
by the warm and teasing rays
of midday sun.

I yearn to stay,
as long as I may tarry,
as nature sings its songs,
and all of this tranquility
converges in its majesty
in order to make love to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, Jason B here. It is confusing as to how someone could misunderstand this poem, especially if they read the content of your other poetry. Great work Carrie, moving. It's always a pleasure to rediscover the talents of old friends.
God Bless.

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits