Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Eternity on My Hands

Reflections on "The Whole"
6 October 2005, 7:16 PM

"The Whole" is not published on this site. If you are interested in reading it, leave me a note, and I will post it or send you a link where you can read it.

Byzantium permeates my senses;
Trinity, the core of who I am.

I’m suddenly aware of Eternity
on my hands; I can smell it’s fragrance,
not quite fresh, but intoxicating nonetheless,
even as I stand in my kitchen
over a sink full of dishes.

Spikenard; too majestic a scent
for mundanity; the everyday…

Yet the everyday is holy as
I learn to seek the sacred in each breath of
perfumed oil, inundating my senses
even as I stand in my kitchen
over a sink full of dishes.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits