Thursday, October 27, 2005

Awakening


Is it possible to wake
Thirty years into the game and somehow
Come out ahead

Perhaps even thankful for the wounds
For wisdom gained through years of
Living with both eyes shut
Stubbing
Breaking toes
Bloodying my nose as I bash my head
Against brick wall after brick wall

Eyes open to find
Azure fleece draped over my bed
The Moon so long has cushioned
My head
Faint and fuzzy from this
Sleep I brush from eyes which
Wept throughout a dream-filled
Cursing night

It's over now

It's over now

The cursed night is over now
I feel a bit hung over in the
Light of suns now rising

But I am finally awake

I shall not sleep again

© 2005 Maria Stuart

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits