Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I Think I’ll Take a Walk~ II

Dauber-Hornets
April 10, 2005

The mud daubers are back-
or are they hornets?

I really don’t know.
They look like daubers,
but the truth would be
quite a painful discovery,
if I am mistaken.

I love the flowers and green
which creep about in spring,
although sadly, I slowly killed
the jasmine tree which bloomed for me
so faithfully last summer.

Regardless, what does bloom this year
will surely attract the dauber-hornets,
to my dismay.

For I can know full well
that they fear me
far more than I fear them;

but fear’s a funny thing.
It makes one act defensively,
and knowing this fact
simply escalates my fear.

So in the end,
who’s to say
whose fear is greater,
mine or the dauber-hornets?

Regardless,
they're sure to be about,
and yet,

I think I’ll take a walk.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits