Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Desire

January 11, 2005

In this quiet;
in this grief;
"in this moment,
sadly sweet..."
I come to know Thy mysteries.

In this grace and mercy, meek;
in this tear upon my cheek;
I know that Thou art here with me,
as ever Thou hast been.

Knowing what will never be;
sensing truth inside of me;
giving Thee what troubles me,
I'm learning now to find the peace
of Spirit Holy dwelling now
within my soul, refining me;
defining me.

Take my laughter;
take my need;
take the troubled thoughts in me.
All is Thine, and also me-
Above all I have longed for
through the years since first
I took my breath,
I desire Thee.


Thanks to my friend Derek for the title.
If anyone has a better idea, I'm still open,
although I think this title fits the piece
quite well.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits