Monday, November 20, 2006

Unspoken

20 November 2006, 12:23 AM

The words I seek cannot be spoken,
nor could I recount if I tried
all things broken, left unmended
for a time, and hope which comes
when once the opportunities arise,
always keeping wisdom and discernment
within sight, to redeem
what never was what it should have been,
to find what should never have been lost;
has seemed irretrievable for most
of a lifetime. I know nothing
beyond the dragons flying 'round about
the corners of my mind; the Sycamore
so long at rest, or searching-
yes, searching in the shadows
of a night which could not have lasted
forever- if I'm honest, I always knew
it wouldn't last beyond its measure.

Perhaps it hasn't yet reached its measure,
and I think I can live with darkness
a while longer, if need be.

Light of Moon and stars
has seldom led astray my feet,
even when the path they walked upon
has made me weep.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits