Saturday, November 24, 2007

New site...

For those of you who read my poetry, here is a new site named beautyofashes.com which my Beloved is currently constructing for my artwork. I'm kind of excited about it, though I have no way of getting word out except through this blog, and I have no idea how many readers I have. Nonetheless, the opportunity for my work to be seen by more than just family and close friends is very exciting. My poetry was well received when I first began posting three or four years ago. I hope those same people will enjoy the visuals which go along with the poetry.

2 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Have you thought about using your visual art HERE to illustrate your poetry? That works for some artists.

Maria said...

Hi, Bonnie- I could do that, and perhaps should. I have a few times. The only problem is that there are so many poems that go with each painting. I should attempt to cross-reference them... or not. Dunno. Any ideas are welcome.

The option I'm currently utilizing is code that flickr offers which displays a randomly selected photo(s) in the sidebar. I think that might work well. But I'll still be utilizing beautyofashes.com if I decide to start selling prints.

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits