Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Mood

17 April 2007, 8:53 AM

So many factors play a part in this
my mood at any given point on any day.
It seems my curse- I cannot put to rest
this need to drive a thing into the ground;
to find the hurt round which each little
swing is wound. There is always a cause,
even when it manifests as less than rational.
There is always a reason when one loses
reason in the midst of sadness, anger,
grief or happiness- yes, joy as such
distracts as much as any other state
of mind; causes one to peer ahead, remove
eyes from the path and yearn toward
some distant point I’ll never actually see
if I refuse to move my eye from it; be present
in the beauty of the moment given me.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits