Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Jump

Of Trees & Skydiving
28 June 2006, 2:29 PM

So you want to be a tree,
which, by the way, is fine with me.
I'm not yet prepared to leave
the shade you've provided.

You see, I also am a tree of sorts.
My roots are tender,
still a bit weak and reaching
down into the soil beneath
the canopy of your branches.

I've been skydiving all my life,
not unlike you in that regard,
each landing a gamble;
a little harder than the one before.

That last jump finally broke my pot.
Now I'll plant myself for good or I'll fade;
my branches will not green again.

I'm glad to know my roots
have time to grow strong
before you jump;
if you jump
again.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits