Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Asceticism

August 8, 2005
7:30 PM

Just live.

Live.
That is my asceticism.

Absolutely fascinating,
that I must learn
what so many others take for granted.

Life does not come naturally to me.
I cannot comprehend how
daily to perpetuate the functions
necessary for sustenance of life.

I have begun the lesson…
Already I am weary, frustrated
beyond my capacity to cope.

This gift which heals my wounds
also serves to keep me
paralyzed in scars if I fail
to eat, sleep, maintain my home;
my vital relationships.

I cannot live by words alone.

I desire a greater legacy than
survival alone, so I close my notebook,
put down my pen,
though it feels like death to do so…

I know this death-
a path that leads to life
if I let it.

No comments:

George MacDonald

"Home is ever so far away in the palm of your hand, and how to get there it is of no use to tell you. But you will get there; you must get there; you have to get there. Everybody who is not at home, has to go home."

Site Hits